Thursday, September 3, 2009

I'm Here!

Well, my brother and I arrived on campus yesterday at Northland. He's had all kinds of freshman orientation sessions and I've been busy unpacking. We got up at 3 am yesterday to catch our flight and then I had to stay up till about 11:30 to get my bedding out of storage. It was a long day! It's good to be here, though - I'm enjoying introducing my brother to all my friends.
Here's the view out my bedroom window:

On the left you can see Northland's own water tower. The brick buildings hold offices and classroom space. The white chapel is on the right. I kind of miss being in the trailers, but it is nice being closer to the center of things. I'm sure I'll especially appreciate the shorter walk in the middle of January!

I'll try to post more pictures from my room and around campus over time. Sadly, there will be no more gardening pictures for a while, but I do have a recipe or two stored in my files that I can share over the semester.

Well, I need to get ready to go watch volleyball and basketball tournaments in a few minutes - it's a beautiful day for it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you made it safely to your destination, Sweetcherry! Don't forget the code to use when introducing your brother to your friends.
-Yan the Ramhammer

Sarah said...

Which code is that? =)