Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pure Yumminess!!!

I've been collecting recipes for months now, and it's so nice to be home where I have the time and equipment to try some of them out! My sister and I had a great time last week making these truffles. They're fun, easy and delicious! Follow the link for the simple recipe.

The recipe suggested rolling them in baking cocoa, but there's so much more you can do with these! We experimented plenty, but I'm sure we didn't exhaust all our options. Here are some of the things we tried: baking cocoa, confectioner's sugar, finely chopped nuts, mini peanut butter chips, mini M&Ms, jimmies, granulated sugar, and melted chocolate. Afterward I thought that coconut would've been nice. The truffles are pliable enough that when you're rolling them, you could probably also tuck a surprise in the middle - maybe a marshmallow! :)

Feel free to comment with more suggestions for toppings - or with more truffle recipes! :)
*Note: the recipe said that this makes 24 truffles; we ended up with about 60.
Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Mrs.L said...

Lovely~ I am so glad you liked the recipe!
What BEAUTIFUL creative truffles indeed. ;)

Many Blessings~ Miss Jen