Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cute Redhead

Hi! What a busy summer this has been so far! Once I finally got to start working, I hit the ground running and have been doing nearly 40 hours a week. My checkbook is breathing a sigh of relief at that! The Lord has provided miraculously with financial aid at Northland, but it'll still be a bit squeaky this fall.

What's especially fun is that three of my four siblings are working with me at Zeb's General Store this summer. It's so nice to look up from the hubbub and share a smile with someone I know well.

Today I got to visit the Squam Lake Science Center with my good friends the VanDynes. We had a great time and saw all kinds of neat exhibits and animals. I'll have to share a few pictures the next time I do a post. Some of my favorites are the curled-up fox and the stretching black bear (they were a bit sleepy). The bald eagles were also very neat. The vultures were not.

Well, today I also met this really cute redhead. In fact, I ran outside barefoot, wearing my (modest) pajamas, and snagged him right off the sidewalk! We sat on the porch and chatted for a while before he had to leave. Here's his picture:








Told you he was cute! =) He was running loose and had to go with the animal control officer. She promised to let me know what happens with him. What I find very interesting about the situation, though, is that of all the lost dogs that had to wander across my yard, it was an Irish Setter. It's my favorite breed, and I used to own one! Is God trying to tell me something??? Unlikely, but I thought that was interesting. =) I'll be quiet now and remember that I can't have dogs till I move out of my parents' house...

Well...it's bedtime! I like bedtime. And I'd better end this post before I become excessively loopy. To any and all who actually take the time to read this stuff, Thanks! Have a fantabulous night!

No comments: