Monday, February 3, 2014

My Top 5 Most Viewed Posts...Hmm...Can You Sense a Theme?

It's been a very long time since I've done a blog post...sorry to anyone who's been lurking out there in the internet waiting impatiently for my next post.  ;P

I've found it very interesting to view the statistics for my blog and notice which posts have had the most views.  I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised by the results, but with just one or two exceptions, the posts that get the most views are recipes.  

So...due to the apparent popularity of food-oriented posts, perhaps I'll try to have my camera handy more often when there are cooking/baking things going on around my home, and share some of the deliciousness with you!  :)

Now that I've told you these posts are so popular, I thought I'd share my TOP FIVE MOST VIEWED POSTS...OF ALL TIME!!!  (Well, since I started this blog in 2008, anyway...)

All right, are you ready?  Here we go!

In the Number 5 position, with a total of 58 views, we have...Peanut Butter Cake!!!


I've actually posted this one on my blog twice, it's so good!  It's creamy, moist and peanut-buttery, without being overwhelmingly rich (in my humble opinion).  

Moving on to our contender in 4th place, with a grand total of 78 views, we have...Microwave Custard!


This recipe is simple and quite yummy, and has been a family favorite for many years!

In the Number 3 position, with a jump up to 190 views, we have...Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!


These cookies may be pale, and they may take more time to prepare than your average chocolate chip cookies...but one bite may change your entire life from this day forward.  Make these - today, if possible.  You will not regret it.

Number 2, with 194 views, brings us to the famous Coffee Toffee Bars!!


These bars are rather unique, with almond extract and instant coffee bringing in some different flavors than your typical chocolate chip cookie kind of recipes.  They're super easy, too, making this one of my family's go-to recipes when we're in the mood for something baked!

Finally, in the Number One position on my blog, with a total of 212 views...we have Applesauce Bread!!


I have to admit that I was surprised that this recipe has the most views...I think it's partly because it's one of my oldest posts, and therefore more views have accumulated over time.  In any case, this is a basic, yummy quickbread recipe that can undoubtedly be adapted to fit many different things you have around your house - applesauce, banana, pumpkin, chocolate chips, etc.  :)  Let me know if you come up with any creative ways to adapt this recipe!

I should add that I did not personally come up with any of these recipes, though I (or my family) may have adapted them from their original state.

I'll try to post some new recipes soon, so keep your eyes open!!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: