Monday, January 23, 2012

Are Other Families Like This?

For your edification, I've compiled parts of a couple conversations between my Dad and my eighteen-year-old brother as they sat on the couch this morning.

Dad (picking up a short piece of straw stuck to my brother's pants): "Hey, is this one of those Indonesian throwing spears?  Were you on a mission in Jakarta last night?"
T rolls his eyes and sips his coffee.
Dad (fiddling with straw): "I've never understood how they get any accuracy with these things."
T: "Well, it's just a shard."
Dad (inspecting the knee of T's pants) "Have you checked for penetration?  Looks okay to me.  I guess your defensive knee shield worked."

A few minutes later...

Dad: "If you were a penguin, what kind of penguin would you be?"
T: "A Siamese Vulture Penguin."
Dad laughs.
T: "Where's Siam?  Somewhere in Africa?"
Dad: "I believe it's the old name for Thailand.  It would be unusual to see flocks of penguins in Thailand."
T: "Especially Vulture Penguins."

These are examples of a pretty typical conversation between the two of them, and they can keep going like this for hours!  Some of their other favorite activities include epic Nerf battles around the house and pushing, pulling and chasing each other around on walks in the woods.  It's always entertaining to see what they'll come up with next!  


I hope everyone is having an amazing Monday!!!

1 comment:

The Chic Country Cowgirl said...

Ha, gotta love strange family conversations... Love the snowy pic!